Monday, September 22, 2008

My First Ever Post


Wow, my first ever post. I am new to blogging. I have seen others and thought it was a good idea. This way I can share my thoughts with others and also events that happen in my day. In the following blogs I will try to share with you what Portugal is like and what it is like to back in the country in which you grew up.
This is a picture of me leaving for the field. I have since lost about 20 lbs. and I feel a lot healthier. Of course living in an apartment with 45 stairs leading to your door and no elevator will do that to you. Also, I eat a lot healthier here as well.
I have been busy with a local church my coworkers and I have been attending. They needed musicians and children's workers, so I have been helping out.
I have also been able to quiet some of the cravings I had for Portuguese delicacies while in school and on Deputation. There are only a few Portuguese communities in the States and I was near none of them. I have now had Farturas(kind of like a Portuguese churro for those familiar with Hispanic culture), and also a Bifana(a Portuguese sandwich with pork or beef) very yummy. You can only get these delicious item during a Festa. (And now all my family not in Portugal is drooling. Oh well.)
For those of you who know me as Dawne, Aurora is the name I use in Portugal. The Portuguese alphabet does not have a W in it and the sound that AW makes in English is not in thier language either, so we translated it when I was a teenager.

4 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Your first ever post and I am leaving the first ever comment! Cool!!

Everything looks great. I'll be checking back often.

The Bunches said...

My sister a BLOGGER. Wow! I never thought I would see the day!

Unknown said...

Well, I just learned some interesting things about you and about Portugal, too! I'll be checking in often :o)

Happy blogging!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey I'm so glad your blogging now. Welcome home to the field.

Looking forward to more posts!