Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas








The Christmas play went without a hitch and all our hard work paid off. I am so thankful it is over and I can breath a sigh of relief. All of the children did an awesome job. We had many people there who do not normally come to church. Even some of the unsaved spouses were there. Thank the Lord! This is a direct answer to our prayers. Hopefully, this we increase the work here.
Afterward, we were good Baptists and had a food fellowship. That is one thing that Baptists in the US have in common with the Baptists here, we all like to eat. I made Bro. Mike's favorite cake (for his birthday) and the congregation loved it. They had never seen a RED cake before. (his favorite is Red Velvet Cake) Trying to explain that one in Portuguese took some doing. (how does it get red anyway) We all had a great time and good fellowship.
The kids loved the gift that I had made of a Bible coloring or activity book. (depending on the age of the child) Some got started on the activities right away. I am so thankful that God gave me the talent and ability to serve Him in this way. Only the experiences through which He has led me would have brought me to this place and this time to serve Him in this way. He has led me "for such a time as this" and I thank and praise Him for His leadership and guidance. More about how Christmas was this year later.

No comments: