Thursday, August 27, 2009

Well the flu came, then it went

Thank you for all your prayers for the campers and I. We were quarentined for about a week and had to take the awfullest medicine I have ever put in my mouth. It was like chewing up asprin, then putting it in water and swallowing the mixture. As I said absolutly gross. (shudder, shudder)

Anyway, I am happy to report that all of us are doing well. We made it through the quarentine with our health intact. So thank you for praying for us.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

So glad you're feeling better!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

First of all...sorry to hear that you were dealing with the flu...but what a blessing that you all are doing well.

I'm so glad you stopped in! This is so neat to find these Portuguese connections! His family is from the Azores (don't know any thing more specific)...when he had a stop at the Azores on his way to Germany (he was an army aviator at the time) & he thought how amazingly similar to the Big Island of Hawaii that the Azores looked as they were flying in...the lush green & even some rock walls.

I really was excited to find that amazing video of the Galo de Barcelos story (on google search, by accident)...too cute...especially since there are other versions that sound so harsh or focus too much on the "saints". I could hardly wait to share this rooster party post with my family after I found it! haha

Blessings & Aloha!

How neat that you have lived in the Azores & Portugal...wish we could speak Portuguese!