Friday, October 30, 2009

Christmas is just around the corner

Yes I know. It isn't even November yet and I have talked about Christmas at least twice. I just wanted to update you on what we are doing. In Barcelos, we are using Bible verses as a kind of play. The big plus is after the play all the kids will have memorized a lot of verses.

In Povoa, we will be doing a play with the teenagers about the women in the family of Jesus. This has always facinated me how God used women that others would shun to bring the perfect Son of God into this world.

In Braga, we are having an international Christmas and singing Silent Night in 6 different laguages, English, French, German, Romanian, Spanish and finally, Portuguese. We have representatives of these cultures and more in this congregation.

I have also been busy translating 'Passion and Purity' by Elizabeth Elliot, the Satan's Traps notes, and a set of trivia questions from a Bible Trivia game. The Game is for the teenagers to help them learn more about the Bible.

I would really like to hear what you are doing for Christmas.

No comments: