Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas is coming!!




I know I mentioned this just recently, but Christmas is rushing up on me this year. Maybe it is all the projects I have to complete or just me getting older (mom no laughing), but time is flying. Or am I just having fun and that is why it is flying? Anyway here are some pictures of what I have been up to. The children and I have been hard at work practicing a play for Christmas that is based on the story The Three Trees. This story has a clear presentation of the Gospel so I am praying that we can touch at least one person this Christmas.
Since Portugal does not celebrate Thanksgiving the Christmas decorations are already up in the stores and the Christmas merchandise and specials are showing up as well. They traditionally eat cod fish and potatoes on Christmas Eve right before midnight Mass. On Christmas day they eat suckling pig. I mention this because I want to know what they do where you are at. Please leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

We may be in Portugal, but we will not be eating suckling pig on Christmas day, but rather A Hungarian Chicken and Dumpling dish that is our family favorite!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey Dawn, I recognize that dress, that's the dress from the Oklahoma shopping trip.

Okay so in Croatia on Christmas Eve or Badnjak they eat fish, go to mass or course, they're Catholic and they put up their tree, always on Christmas Eve.

Oh yea and guess what we're doing for this years Christmas play thinggy for the kids; Tri Bora, or the three trees, funny huh?

Any how, just popped into say Hi!